Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend in pictures

This is a long post. I won't be offended if you don't read it. Unless you're family, and then you have to :)

Jamie came out to DC this past weekend to go to her graduation at GWU. Bekah (and Wyatt!) came to hang out with us and be a part of our little cheering section at the graduation. The weekend went by way too fast, but we had lots of fun. Next time, let's have all four sister, no kids, and we can hang out for a week!

I took all these pictures from Bekah's camera, so there will probably be repeats on her blog (sorry Poog!)

Alta always takes a little time to warm up to new people. Bekah bribed her by letting her wear her jewelry and shoes (two of her favorite things).

Once she did warm up, Alta turned into quite the silly girl. She liked all the attention she got! And she loved Wyatt. As long as he wasn't touching her toys.

Since Bekah had never been to DC, we headed up to the city a few hours before Jamie's graduation to see the sites. Having two crazy kids makes it hard to do a whole lot, but we did get to walk around and enjoy the beautiful day! We started at the Air&Space Museum and made it to the Lincoln Memorial. I was hoping I'd go into labor with all that walking. No luck though.

(I'm the one with swollen hands and ankles and a giant belly... Ah, the joys of pregnancy.)

Alta loved the fountains at the WWII memorial.

Look at that cute boy! It was so fun to finally see Wyatt in person.

We headed over to the GWU campus for Jamie's graduation.

It was 4:00 by this time and the kiddos were running on no naps. Alta gets crazy energetic when she's tired, so she spent most of the time running up and down the stairs and out in the halls with Dan. She'd occasionally just lay on the floor to rest. Yuck.

Wyatt finally couldn't even keep his head up, the poor kid even slept through the bagpiper!

Congratulations to Jamie!

About 5 minutes in the car was all Alta needed to fall asleep...

And of course, they needed a cousin bath the next day. This picture makes me laugh because they are practically the same size. Wyatt (9 months old) is almost as tall as Alta (24 months old) and they weigh the same.

Thanks for the fun weekend guys, we can't wait until the reunion in August!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! Thanks for the pictures. You all look so good and I miss you all. And Bekah, I want your red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My red shoes ARE fabulous, aren't they?
    I absolutely HATE being in photos with my SKINNY sisters!! Even pregnant you're tiny!
    Thanks again Poogie! I had SO much fun!! Can't wait to see you again in a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of her in the high heels! So cute.

    Glad you got to have a visit from your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry we could not be in DC with you guys. You are all looking wonderful. Jamie, we are very proud of you for your hard work and diligence--finishing an educational goal is often more a tribute to your willingness to never give up rather than just hard work--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaaa! I missed all the fun:(. You guys all look beautiful and the kids are so cute! Can't wait to meet the new Brower!! And Wyatt, I've never seen him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these hurt my heart! I miss you guys and your sweet babies! It meant so much to have you guys there- I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete