Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a good reminder of why the division of labor in our home is the way it is.

Dan wanted to make me waffles for breakfast yesterday morning. He did, however, forget two small but very important rules of baking*:
1) tsp. does not mean tablespoon
2) baking soda and baking powder are not interchangeable

The taste couldn't even be covered up by syrup, so we had cereal for breakfast.

It's the thought that counts though. And it was a good Mother's Day! I didn't have to clean up a single mess in the kitchen, and Alta was happy all day.


*I have to add a disclaimer. Dan is actually not a bad cook, in fact he is the designated chocolate chip cookie maker in our house because he is so much better at it than me. I blame this failure on his inability to concentrate on anything since he finished his finals on Friday. Which, by the way, is the best Mother's Day gift I could ask for. The semester is over and I have my husband back!!!

5 comments:

  1. haha! Sweet man! Glad you had a good Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that is not uncommon to do dan. I do that kind of stuff in cooking all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahhh Dan. At least it wasn't 1/2 cup salt...(instead of sugar)...
    By the way. I'M GOING TO SEE YOU ON THURSDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! Glad you had a great Mother's Day regardless. BTW, I love how your sewing table turned out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do most of the cooking except a few things such as French toast and hamburgers. For some reason, Craig is better at manning the frying pans than I am. Last year for Craig's birthday I tried to do the French toast and I ended up melting the bag that the bread was in the burner. Twice. Yikes. It smelled really bad, too. I'm glad Craig doesn't mind do those things normally!

    ReplyDelete