Monday, October 11, 2010

Alta's room

We switched the girls' rooms. It's been quite the project for me. I was able to do most of it myself, which is why it took me so long. But Dan helped me paint the room/closet/trim and he put in new electrical outlets (white instead of yellowish-off-white, yay!).

It's a tiny room (seriously, so small) so it was hard to get a good angle, but this is from the doorway:

My first pair of curtains! The first panel took me forever to make, the second one was so much easier. They are far from perfect, but I like how they turned out.

Making all the little ties was extremely tedious. I'd stick with using just ribbon next time.

Cute little fabric flowers, I could get addicted to making them!

Making a fitted sheet was so much easier than I thought it would be.

Dan built wooden frames for my wall hangings and I stapled the fabric on. I found a cheap dresser on craigslist and spray painted it.

So now I just need to figure out what to put on top of the dresser and on the wall over Alta's bed. And I might make tie-backs for the curtains as well. It's been such a fun project!

Here's Ellie in her big girl bed. She's been sleeping in a little basket but she got too big for it. She is now in the crib which surprisingly has made my life a little more difficult. She has room to roll over now which wakes her up, and then she won't fall back asleep. So instead of getting up once during the night to feed her (she was doing so good!) I now get up numerous times to turn her over, re-swaddle her, and try to get her back to sleep. Not so fun.

7 comments:

  1. So, so cute. Good job Shalane! You are now bitten by the decorating bug. I love that Alta is pointing to the chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalane, the room looks adorable! I love the yellow, love the curtains (and am so impressed you MADE them!), love the cute flower pillow, and am so impressed with the pink dresser. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I am officially going to adopt a girl so I can have cute things like that in my house- love the flowers!!

    PS You made a fitted sheet?! Seriously you are my hero-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who has replaced my daughter with Martha Stewart--you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim says "How does Shalane do that intricate work with her toe thumbs!"
    Ha!!
    I LOVE ALL OF IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, Shalane. You are awesome! I can't believe you made all of that. It looks so great!

    And good luck on the potty training...and on Ellie learning to turn over by herself (I remember Sophie going through that stage...so not fun!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Shalane. So cute! When I get back from UT we need to start craft day back up so all your momentum can rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete