Friday, April 19, 2013

Baby Kaitlyn comes to visit

 Coming home from vacation is always a little hard, but luckily Natalie and Jeremy flew in for a long weekend visit a few days after we got back from Panama. It definitely gave us something to look forward to!

First, two random pictures from before they got here. Alta had preschool pictures so the night before I tried a Pinterest tutorial for overnight curls. Alta woke up and I took the hair ties out to end up with this:

Oh boy. I resorted to french braids. I don't know why I bothered in the first place since Alta refused to have her picture taken by herself or with her class. No surprise there!

We also had a play date with Ruby and Ellie at the dinosaur museum.  We've had bad luck with our play dates coinciding with school field trips. It was crazy and not quite enjoyable! This is the only picture I took. Silly Ellie.


Once baby Kaitlyn got here, the girls wanted to be with her as much as possible! They didn't necessarily play with her the whole time, but they did like being with her. I only have a few pictures of when we were out and about. We went to dinner at the country club and Alta "babysat" Kaitlyn by walking around with her when she was sick of sitting at the table.


 Ellie just liked sitting on Grandma's lap and making funny faces:
Another night we went to a sushi restaurant (we got spoiled!). Ellie was on a kick to wear ski goggles all day:


Then we had a partial-family ski day. Without Dan! I was really nervous to attempt it since I can hardly ski by myself, but Mark and Natalie were there to help and Jeremy and Lorna played with Kaitlyn and Ellie.

It was fun to see how comfortable Alta is with skiing. She knows exactly what to do and likes hanging out on the lift:

Kaitlyn got to ski for the first time!
 Ellie was insistent that she get a turn so we took her over to the magic carpet:

And then she got nervous and cried and cried, but we made her do it anyway, crying all the way. She was perfectly happy to watch Alta though. These are two cute girls:

 And it's official, Alta is faster than me. Maybe a little out of control, but she loves speed!

We loved having Natalie and Jeremy here as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment