Friday, February 3, 2012

St. George Weekend

Dan and I wanted a break from the normal routine, so we took the girls down to St. George last weekend. They do surprisingly well in the car, as long as I bring enough snacks so they can eat continuously for 4 hours.

I guess I'm not used to sleeping in a room with huge windows, because each morning I woke up as soon as the sun started rising.

The girls would sleep in, then come play in our bed

(Ellie was still waking up...)

we'd swim in the hot tub after breakfast,

and then the girls would run around naked, screaming as loud as they could.

They loved having the whole house to themselves. For some reason their favorite place to play was the bathtub. Alta would "put Ellie to sleep" and then sit and sing to her. And Ellie played along.

We hiked around Snow Canyon:

And on Sunday we walked around the temple:


It was an easy-going, perfect weekend trip, which we will definitely be doing again!

5 comments:

  1. You got some gorgeous pics! Looks like a bit of heaven, Shalane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love St George! Those Snow Canyon pictures look familiar...we were just there too! I LOVE naked bums! Too cute. I seriously miss you and the girls, and yes, even Dan....come visit me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you guys have been gone so long. Alta's hair is getting so long and Ellie is like a little girl now! We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! It is good to get away and have a break. I was just a little jealous that Mark and I were home while you were having so much fun with Alta and Ellie.

    ReplyDelete