Monday, February 20, 2012

Alta skis

We took Alta up to Solitude for her first real ski day. She loved it. I'm pretty sure it's in her blood.

She's been asking to ski on pink skis for months, and it turns out they actually had pink skis at the rental place:

The edgie-wedgie, also pink:

Our moment of panic. Alta started crying before we even got on the lift, I was so worried it was going to be a disaster. Turns out her boots were just too tight. The Brower boys have a history of making this mistake...

Once that was sorted out, she was set. She didn't think twice about getting on the lift, and her first comment was: "Why is it going so slow?". She skied down the hill with a lot of help from Dan, got to the bottom, and immediately said, "I want to do it again!".

Alta with Grandpa:

Three generations of skiers:

The family (did I mention Dan's trying to teach me too? I've said good-bye to my snowboard)

Taking a break on her last run (FOUR runs!) to make a snowman.

When she got back on her skiis, she just laid down on the ground and said "I'm sooooo tired". Dan carried her to the bottom and we got hot chocolate. I'd say the day was a success, especially since every time Dan goes skiing now Alta thinks she should be going too.

4 comments:

  1. Thats awesome! I'm glad she liked it. I love that she didn't like how slow the lift goes though... and that her boots were too tight, don't let Dan do that to her at least till she's a racer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! What a brave little girl! She seems so tiny to be out there skiing. I'm glad the place had pink skis for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! What a brave little girl! She seems so tiny to be out there skiing. I'm glad the place had pink skis for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I always check if my friends have a blog listed on Facebook, and I was happy to find that you have one! Alta is SO cute on her little skis! So cool that you and Alta have an expert ski instructor in the family! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog - http://annajeffyruby.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete