Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Preschool Experience

Apparently it is the norm (at least around here) to have your child go to preschool for two years before kindergarten, but there was no way Alta was socially ready to start last fall when most the kids her age did. So I put it off.

But as I was researching preschools for this coming fall, the one I was leaning towards had an opening starting in January. Perfect timing. Alta was getting antsy being at home all the time and definitely needed some structure in her life, and apparently so did I. She's only been going for a month, but the change is already noticeable. We are all a little happier at home these days.

Alta loves learning new things, making lots of crafts, and playing with new friends:

Wearing her school shirt for "P.E." day, so cute.

Ellie loves being an only child, having free range of the house and all the toys, and having my full attention:


And I love grocery shopping with only one kid.

Win. Win. Win.

3 comments:

  1. Alta is so cute with her little bag. and Ellie with her little sprout of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! It looks like Alta is thrilled to be going to be preschool. Sophie's signed up for this September. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preschool has changed my life! I am only sad I have to wait 2 years for Oscar to go.

    ReplyDelete