Friday, July 9, 2010

A little about Alta

I feel like I've been neglecting Alta on the blog. She has grown up so much this past month and I haven't had time to write down any of it. So here are a few things Alta has done lately:

-Over the past couple days, Alta has decided to phrase everything as a question even though she always knows the answer. Such as, "Is Ellie crying, Mom?", "Is Daddy at work, Mom?", "Are we getting gas, Mom?", "Did I pee, Mom?".

-She calls me "Mom". I don't know where she picked that up, but it has stuck.

-She sometimes calls Dan by his first name.

-Ellie has been spitting up a bit more lately so Alta learned what spit up was. The other day after lunch, I got Alta down from her seat and then went in the kitchen to clean up. Alta called from the other room, "I spit up on Ellie!". I came in to find a chewed up hot dog on Ellie's face. Apparently Alta had been saving it in her mouth so she could spit it on her.

-For the longest time Alta would only speak in third-person. Over the past couple of weeks she's starting to use "I" and "me", but still gets everything pretty confused. Yesterday when Dan went upstairs for something, she started yelling, "I want Alta's daddy!".

-Whenever I try to take pictures of her, she says "cheese!" really fast and then runs over to the camera to see the picture. Which means they all turn out really funny-looking...

6 comments:

  1. She just looks older!! I love that she calls Dan by his first name...Sawyer has started doing the same thing lately. So funny. I get to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, Pat and I are laughing out loud reading about Alta. She is such a funny little girl. Keep writing her little "Alta-isms", we love to hear what she is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha the spit up story is hilarious. these "alta-isms" are so entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spit-up story is hilarious!! I'm sorry that she has stopped using third person for herself - that was so cute to hear. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me laugh out loud, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! Love the picture and love the story about the hot dog. She sounds like quite the character! :)

    ReplyDelete