We got the slip 'n slide out for the first time last week. We've had the most ridiculously hot and humid weather.
At her two week check-up, Ellie had gained over a pound. Her one month is on thursday. She is so much chubbier than Alta was! A lot of clothes that Alta wore at this age won't even fit on Ellie.
Ellie is a pretty poor sleeper during the day. She likes to pretend she's in a deep sleep until I put her down, then 5 minutes later she starts crying. She pretty much just likes to be held all day long. But she does better at night and has slept for 4 or 5 hours straight a few times. (I probably jinxed myself for saying that!)
She has a very strong neck and is starting to have longer awake and alert times. She's looked straight at me numerous times and smiled. Is that even possible at 3 weeks old?
Alta gets more and more hilarious every day. Her personality is really showing through and she cracks me up. She is also fiercely independent these days. It's good in some ways because she can do so much without my help. But it makes everything take so much longer. She likes to climb in her carseat and buckle her seatbelt, get herself dressed and undressed, choose all her clothes and shoes (she will only wear dresses now), get up and down from her chair, the list goes on and on. And if we try to help her, she throws a huge fit and screams "DO IT MYSELF!" and we have to start the whole process from the beginning.
Between that and having a newborn, we don't get out much...
Fun photos. I love the bug on Ellie's bum. And Alta's new puzzle looks like lots of fun. I also love the one with Alta's finger in Ellie's mouth. She is just doing what she has watched Dan do! Thanks for updating to let us know how things are going.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI miss you! I want it to be August so I can see you and your cute girls!!
ReplyDeletehehe! Great post! Quite the writer you are today. :)
ReplyDeleteWe need to get together this week. I'm going to Splashdown again tomorrow, but wanna hang out Tuesday or Wednesday?
I can relate to how you feel...and I only have one kid! :)
ReplyDeleteThey are both so cute.
Shalane! Yes, I wish you guys were there with us too! That would have been the best. Are you guys ever going to get sick of it out there and move back here? I miss you guys and wish I could see cute little Ellie.
ReplyDeletesorry im a little late..but congrats!! Ellie is adlorable!! Two little girls is so much fun isn't it?? :) minus the sleepless nights of ofcourse!
ReplyDeletesorry..I totally spelled adorable wrong! proof of the lack of sleep....
ReplyDelete