Monday, November 12, 2012

Halloween 2012

I've made the girls dress up in coordinating costumes the past two Halloweens, and then this year I got lazy. Ellie found her ladybug costume at Lisa and Matt's house when we were in California in September and loved it so much that Lisa let us borrow it for Halloween. I gave Alta a few different options and she chose Little Red Riding Hood.

This is the day before Halloween when Alta got to dress up for her preschool party:

We also carved pumpkins. Actually, one pumpkin. Alta chose hers from Grandma Lorna's garden and helped Dan design it and carve it. And then I forgot to take a picture of it. But the girls took some convincing to reach in and get the seeds out. They said it was too slimy!

Ellie's pumpkin was too small and over-ripe to carve, so she colored hers instead:


On the morning of Halloween, Bekah and I took advantage of the nice weather and went to the zoo.  It was great, there was nobody there and the weather was perfect for all the animals to be out and active.

Climbing on the rhino

Sitting in the eagle's nest

And our favorite: watching the polar bear swim laps
We finally got ready to go trick-or-treating:

We went to a neighborhood in our ward and to Mark and Lorna's neighborhood. We all had fun and were happy to not be freezing!

2 comments:

  1. Your girls' costumes were so cute! Even though they didn't coordinate thematically, they color-coordinated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it so refreshing to have a warmer Halloween this year? Alta's costume is adorable! They both looked great!

    ReplyDelete