And amazingly enough, it actually happened.
Everyone who needed to get work off did, and everyone who needed babysitters got them. We had 10 of us staying at the Brower's home in St. George and had a ridiculously fun weekend.
Most of us got there Wednesday night. I woke up Thursday morning earlier than I would have liked, but took the chance to play around with Dan's new phone:
The weather wasn't ideal, but it was better than the big snowstorm everyone in Salt Lake was getting. So we loaded up the razors, stopped by the Egg & I for breakfast, and headed out to the sand dunes.
We spent the afternoon relaxing in the hot tub and playing pickleball and card games, and then went to a late night showing of Skyfall after getting frozen custard at Nielsen's.
Saturday was the main event: the Olympic heptathlon (of sorts). I have to say, no one thought this was really going to happen so nobody trained, and the majority of people were a little skeptical that it would be any fun at all. Well, it turns out it was a lot of fun and pretty hilarious.
Bryson gave our opening ceremonies speech:
And introduced the participants. The Browers, the Currits, the Pughs, and the Webbs. Bryson was a one-man team representing the Kearls (we'll get you next time, Tara...).
Our heptathlon consisted of a 100 meter sprint, shotput, 40 meter sprint, long jump, 400 meter, javelin (or "broom-stick toss"), and a couples 2x200m relay.We made it official with a cap gun and a Brower Timing System.
It was definitely a success. And next time I'm determined to have my knees all healed up so I can actually be competitive.
We had another afternoon full of hot tubbing and pickleball. We all (minus the Pughs) went to my favorite St. George restaurant for dinner and spent over 2 hours eating fondue and steak. We ended the night with our medals ceremony (we take this seriously...) and then played way too many rounds of scum.
Thanks to all our friends for coming on the trip with us!






Okay, so I secretly want to participate in your heptathlon! That looks like so much fun! And the 'gold medals' - Genius! Total genius.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have been there to watch! You need to have a crowd next time, so let us come please!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Glad you were able to make it happen. I think your friends the Webbs are related to our friends, Brandon and Danielle Webb.
ReplyDeleteEven though I didn't participate in the games, I had a really good time that weekend. Thanks so much for having us!
ReplyDeleteYour new header is so cute! And I loved reading your write up about this weekend. You captured everything so perfectly. :) The trip was seriously so much fun and we must do the Olympics again when you are all healed and back up to your normal fast self. And to EmmaJ, Marcus is Brandon's cousin. So we are definitely related!
ReplyDelete