Monday, June 4, 2012

Alta's birthday

I'm late on the birthday post. Alta turned four a couple weeks ago! Me and my cute girl:

In the morning we had a party at a park with some of her friends, but I didn't get any pictures. They had fun eating cupcakes and running around the park. I made all the kids pinwheels and the weather was perfectly windy for them. They loved it, until they all started breaking and half the kids had meltdowns over it. Including Alta.

During Ellie's nap, Alta and I had a stay-at-home mommy-daughter date. We played games and read books, and she helped me make another batch of cupcakes. Alta wanted me to take pictures of her:

As soon as Ellie woke up it was time to go to birthday party number 2 at Snogression:

All the Browers were there (minus Natalie and Jeremy as always...booo, come visit!) as well as Lorna's parents.
All the excitement from the day was too much for little Alta to handle and there was a lot of crying:
So we decided it was time for cupcakes and candles:

Which made Alta really happy until Dan set her "favorite dark purple pinwheel" on fire:
And it all went downhill from there:
Ellie (who turned 2 a week and a half later so we celebrated her birthday as well) didn't like the candles and refused to blow them out:
But finally the chaos calmed down and we opened presents. Alta and Ellie showing off their cute new dresses:
And now I can't believe I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old!

4 comments:

  1. love the dresses they are so cute! sad about the pinwheel lol! life with girls is drama! time for another one Shalane lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok alta looks different and so old in that last picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I love how you documented all the break downs! Those are some cute girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute kids! Man that Alta girl looks like you! I remember when you were 4, seriously, looks just like you. And we always have lots of tears on birthdays... :)

    ReplyDelete