Dan finished his class for the summer semester about a week ago. He has been so busy and stressed out for the last month and was so relieved to be done. But apparently a week off was all he needed to get antsy enough to take a sledge hammer to our master bathroom.

Look! A walk-through closet!
For reference, this is what our bathroom looks like:

See that wall to the left, with the light switch on it? It's completely pointless. It makes our already tiny bathroom seem even smaller. So we're taking a couple feet away from our closet and moving the wall. And replacing everything else in the bathroom.
Dan threw everything out the window into our front yard, including the sink.

And room by room we are getting rid of that terrible paint color! New paint alone will make the bathroom feel bigger.
So be warned, there will be lots of posts about any progress made.
On to the girls. We blessed Ellie in church today. She looked beautiful in her dress that Lorna had made for Alta's blessing. Here's the whole family:

I wanted to take close-ups of just Ellie in her outfit, but getting this picture with all of us looking happy was enough of an ordeal. But those two girls sure are cute!
I love the absolutely beautiful family picture!
ReplyDeleteHello!?! Did you dye your hair? Love it!
ReplyDeleteAND I can't wait to see updates of that bathroom! Having been in it I can now REALLY appreciate what Dan will be doing to it. Love you and can't wait to see you!!!
I was going to ask the same thing! Your hair looks really red in that photo, which by the way, is a great family picture. I love that Dan threw the things out the window. It's a good thing your neighbors know you so well, they might have been worried about the noise and mess. You guys are awesome and ambitious.
ReplyDeleteYay, progress with the bathroom!!
ReplyDeleteEllie WAS adorable at the blessing. Sooo cute.
Good luck with your bathroom! There's no WAY it can take as long as we took with ours and I'm sure you'll love it SO much when it's done! Dan always does such great work!
ReplyDeleteCute family picture (isn't it amazing how hard it is to get little kids to cooperate???)!!!
I can't wait to see what the bathroom looks all finished. You guys are so great at all your projects! Can't wait to see you in less than a month!
ReplyDelete