Monday, August 16, 2010

a visitor!

We had a fun visit from Natalie last week! She came for the weekend and was supposed to fly out on Monday morning, but she was flying standby and got stuck here until Friday. Which was fine with us! Alta really liked "Aunt Naalie" and loved playing with her.

We spent our time playing with the girls and eating lots and lots of good food. It's so much more fun to cook and bake when there's someone else to help out and enjoy the food. Nat also went into DC one day (without us, I'm not brave enough to take 2 kids without Dan!) and saw some museums. Like all the Browers, I think she spent almost the whole time in the Air&Space museum :)

I didn't take very many pictures, but here they are:

Some friends from the ward gave us this bike seat and Alta loves it (thanks Andrea and Rob!). She is always asking to ride in it.

Alta has problems staying on her feet these days. She is always skinning up her knees! We replaced her crappy pair of flip-flops with some good shoes hoping it would help, but it turns out they're big on her and she still trips all the time. She was running around at the park with Dan and Natalie and landed on her face. I took a picture of her the day after it happened...

...and 10 minutes later she was running down the driveway and did it again. She ripped up the old scratches and they looked so much worse, poor girl. I just hope they'll heal and she'll be coordinated enough to not do it again until after our family pictures next week!

Alta had all sorts of fun with Aunt Natalie. She made her put all her bows in her hair:

and loved having Natalie chase her around the house while she pushed her baby in the stroller. This turned into a game where Alta would wear her blanket on her head and walk around the house:

Ellie liked Natalie too, she gave her a big smile the first time she saw her. Here's proof that she's still growing and extremely healthy:

You should see her thighs, they are HUGE! She's definitely not as strong as Alta was at this age, she just barely started holding her head and chest up when she's on her tummy. I blame it on all the weight she has to support!

Thanks for coming to visit us, Nat! And now we are so so excited to go to Utah this week. Alta, Ellie and I are flying in on Friday. It's going to be a fun-filled 5 1/2 hour flight, I tell you what. Dan will be meeting us a few days later for the Palmer family reunion and then we'll spend a week with the Browers. We can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure it's the shoes? I know that her mom can fall downstairs - and upstairs! She looks so tough with blood on her face.

    ReplyDelete