Friday, February 19, 2010

Time to play a little catch-up.

After the last of the snow, our street got plowed for real and we now have a little mountain of snow in front of our house. It gave Dan a chance to ski a bit more:



Our next-door neighbor Colin came out to video Dan and let him use his helmet cam. So, from Dan's perspective (it kinda makes me sick):



We've been pretty busy since then. We skipped over Valentine's Day since our anniversary was on the 16th. And since I think any celebration should revolve around food, especially when I'm pregnant, I had fun making some good stuff. We had baby back ribs for dinner and chocolate souffle for dessert. I've never even tasted souffle, much less made one, but it turned out delicious. And to top it all off, we dropped off Alta at a friend's house on Wednesday and went to the best Portuguese/Italian restaurant.

The rest of our free time has been spent watching the Olympics. When else can I justify watching 4 hours of TV a day?

Alta just keeps on talking more and more. It's funny to hear her pick up phrases from me and Dan, especially when I don't realize I say them. A couple weeks ago, Dan was spinning Alta around and she started saying "too much! too much!".

She also likes to "count" things lately. She'll start pointing at random things and count from 1 to 10 (although she always forgets 2). It doesn't matter how many things there actually are, she always goes to 10.

I am always trying to get a good video of her talking, but she tends to be uncooperative. She's still cute enough to post this though:

6 comments:

  1. I love it when Collin pulls out phrases that I had no idea he could say. That video is way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soo cute! Sam is sitting here on my lap enthralled with Alta's video. I love her pouty "no" when she didn't want to count. They can only get away with it for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cute. Shalane, do you have a baby belly? I'm guessing you do, but since you didn't the last time I saw you I have a hard time imagining it. I think you need to get some pictures up! Your anniversary sounds great. How many years is that, 4? Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a really cute video of alta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that head cam makes me dizzy too! Glad Dan can be skiing. I know what you mean about the 4 hours of tv a day. I start going crazy with the commercials by now and wish I had a DVR. By the way, Alta is completely adorable and you need to bring her to our house so we can teach her new words too! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you guys have never seen me doing my little snow plow down a mountain!

    Glad you're enjoying all this!

    ReplyDelete