Sunday, February 7, 2010

MORE snow!

Here we are with another huge snowstorm, this one was even bigger than the one right before Christmas. We were much more prepared this time though and have had a fun weekend being snowed in.

It snowed all day Friday but didn't really stick until the late afternoon. By Saturday morning we had so much snow! We went out to play and Dan cleared a little runway for Alta down the driveway:

(I tried to help shovel, I lasted about 5 minutes. The snow is really wet, packed down, and heavy!)

A snowplow came by and tried to clear our cul-de-sac, but all he managed to do was block just about everyone's driveways with HUGE walls of snow, and then he got stuck. He got his plow out eventually, turned around, and drove away. Apparently he gave up because we are the only cul-de-sac on our whole road that got plowed.

But we woke up to the most beautiful day this morning!



I didn't get a good picture, but this was at a house at the end of our street. The snow was so heavy it knocked a tree over on top of their van.



Dan made Alta a tunnel. This is what you have to go through to get to our front door...

Everyone has been out all day trying to dig themselves out. Our neighbors have a big truck and knocked a hole through a lot of the wall the snowplow made, and Dan dug the rest out so we can now leave our house if we need to. But we're happy to just stay here and play!

8 comments:

  1. that is crazy! I love the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another vote for the tunnel. What a fun dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! So glad you are having fun with all the snow - and glad that Alta likes it. And the tunnel is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's CRAZY!! I can't believe how much snow there is! I want to come be snowed in with you guys! And Alta looks like she LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to your house just so I can go through your tunnel! Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is incredible! Looks like a tons of work to deal with but what fun. I was thinking of you guys when I was hearing about it on the news. I'm bummed we missed seeing you guys over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are soooo lucky to have all that snow and to be prepared for it. You will long remember the winter of 2009/2010. I wish I could be there to help with the snow architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you guys are having fun! I think we would've played in the snow a bit if I hadn't had my wis. teeth out; I've just not been in the mood for, well, anything. :/ But that looks so fun with the tunnel and everything. BTW, Aaron keeps asking to look at your blog and like to watch your video of Alta say 'Ready, Set, Go!' and will say "ready set go" too. :)

    ReplyDelete