But we had a lot of fun! We ate good food, saw monuments and museums, and walked to the point of exhaustion. While Jamie was in class on Friday, I went to the national aquarium and the natural history museum. I got to walk through exhibits as slow as I wanted and read as much as I could without having to worry about a crying baby.
On Friday night we made our way back to Manassas and Jamie stayed until Sunday morning. Although Manassas is not quite as exciting as DC, we had fun talking, playing with Alta, taking a walk at the beautiful battlefield, and eating Milwauke's custard (so good). Alta really warmed up to Jamie by the end. She even decided she didn't want to go to bed because she'd rather cuddle with her aunt:
What?! Alta cuddling? Jamie is one lucky girl!! So glad you two got to hang out, though I am envying the custard trip. Let's see, I can go to your house for Milwaukee's or Alisa's for Stricklands. Why can't we have good stuff here?
ReplyDeleteI want to come, I want to come! I hope Alta snuggles me too, I sooo want some Alta hugs and kisses!
ReplyDeleteDoes Jamie have bangs?! I love them! I can only dream of Alta hugs...in reality Sawyer would deck her...
ReplyDeleteOh I miss that cute girl! (You guys too). Thanks for such a great visit!
ReplyDeleteCute blog, Shalane!! I love all your pictures of Alta. She's so cute! I need to do better at taking pictures of Aidan... and not my husband's obsession with professional photos!
ReplyDelete