September was mostly getting used to the school and homework and piano schedule, but we still managed to pack in a lot of fun.
This month, Olive really latched on to the idea that she was as big as Alta and Ellie and could do anything they could do. This is really funny at times, and really frustrating at other times. It did mean she'd happily play in the backseat of the car for a long time while I got things done:
She figured out how to climb on the toilet all by herself and Alta found her like this:
She's crazy but she's fun!
I took the Ellie and Olive to the farm country while Alta was in school:
Olive was so excited about petting this donkey:
We went to Dan's office for some reason and they all piled onto Grandpa's chair:
A sunday afternoon with the Browers:
We decided to hike to the new suspension bridge in Draper for family night. It was a longer hike than we thought and we were hiking back in the dark, but it's a really neat little bridge:
Olive copying Alta. She started to really like books around this time too.
With just Olive home in the mornings I was going on a lot of walks to the park so I finally decided it was worth it to get a BOB. For my third child. Olive loves it and I love it. Win win.
Olive figured out the wiggle car. She coasts down the drive way and turns onto the sidewalk at the last minute.
The Fogts came for a long weekend for Matt's law school reunion and we spent as much time as we could with them! Their kids really wanted to go to Cowabunga Bay, so we went that Saturday that they were here. It was the last day they were open and the weather was pretty good for it too! I have NO pictures from the whole weekend except these two:
And eating at Magleby's Fresh/180 Tacos, where Olive discovered her love of the 180 Tacos ranch dressing:
I have a lot of pictures of Olive this month. She seemed to be learning something new every day! She started wanting her blanket clipped around her head like this so she could dance to music. Something I'm sure she learned from Alta and Ellie!
A friend texted me this picture from the Kindergarten teddy bear picnic. From L to R: Ally Johnson, Naomi Maughan, Ellie Swallow, and Ellie:
Olive also discovered the dress-up box downstairs:
Near the end of September I went on a girls trip to St. George with some friends. The only pictures I have are from hiking the Hidden Canyon trail in Zion. Perfect weather, gorgeous scenery, and great friends made for a very good trip!
I'm guessing this is from the last Sunday in the month, I can't remember. But making cookies on Sunday night at the Browers is one of the kids' favorite things! Beck was grabbing handfuls of cookie dough, and Olive kept trying to eat flour and salt:
Ellie's "stink face" as Dan calls it. He took a picture to show her what she looked like. This is a common face at dinner time.
And lastly, the girls' school pictures! I love their quirky little smiles:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh my goodness, those school pictures make me laugh!!
ReplyDelete