Olive tried to figure out the swings:
An Ellie mustache:
We found a black widow in our garage a few years ago but haven't seen one since. In August we found a huge one in the corner by my car. Dan and his co-workers had found some in his office earlier in the year and kept one in a cage, so Dan caught the one in our garage and took it to work. Where it killed the other one, of course. Look at the size of that thing!
We found a couple baby black widows since then, but I think we got them all. Gag. They gross me out.
For some reason our apple tree started dropping all its apples a couple months too early, but the girls decided to eat them from the ground anyway - sour and all. They claimed they were good, but I tried one and they definitely were not! Next year I will need to figure out how to help our little tree produce better fruit.
We went to a wedding for a family friend of the Browers and the girls danced the night away:
We had Beck over the morning of his birthday. These two started turning into little troublemakers together and have only gotten worse the past few months! They have so much fun together (when they're not fighting over toys).
Matt was in town for a short business trip and stayed at our house. He and Dan mountain biked all over Park City:
and then met up with Matt's brothers where Dan got to hear a little about Olympic bobsledding:
The girls had more swimming lessons with Linda:
Lorna came once or twice and got this picture of me trying to keep Olive away from the suckers. Unsuccessfully, obviously:
I started mountain biking a bit this summer with two girls in my ward who are just learning as well. I got Dan to go with me and we turned it into a date night with the Dahls:
We took our friends the Pearson's boating with us. We went to Deer Creek and the water was already pretty cold, but I got on the wakeboard for the first time in years and loved it. And these girls had a blast:
On the last day of summer vacation I felt like we needed to get out and do something, so we went to the aviary with Ruby and Ellie:
Meanwhile, Dan was flying to Florida for a Highsight work trip. He sent me this picture he took on the airplane. I got it while I was at the Back to School night and laughed out loud:
Alta started school the next day, but that's another post. Dan spent a few days in Florida and stayed at a house right on the beach. I opened up Find My Friends to see that Dan was in the ocean:
We face timed while he was paddling a boat through all the bioluminescence. It was amazing to see even through a phone. He also had a run in with some manatees.
He came home Friday for a couple of hours and then headed straight to St. George for a guy's trip:
Olive finally got her own helmet so we had to take a picture and send it to Dan. She loves the birdies:
Dan got back Sunday afternoon and we headed up the canyon for some much-needed family time:
Ellie started Kindergarten the next day! That will also be in a different post, as will be my birthday. So to skip to the very end of August, we took another Sunday afternoon drive, this time all the way to Cascade Springs:
Olive loved it. Unlike Alta and Ellie at this age, she doesn't care if she wanders away and feels like she can go anywhere she wants. I'm glad she's so independent, but it can be hard to keep track of her!
And lastly, Mal and Kevin invited us to ride the Heber Creeper with them. It's been on my list for a long time!
It was relaxing and beautiful.
Ellie took this picture from the window:
Alta, Kevin and Beck:Olive wanted to be wherever Beck was, even on pregnant Mal's lap:

No comments:
Post a Comment