Let's pretend I'm not 6 months behind on the blog...
June 1st is Ellie's birthday so we started the month with a party! She invited a few friends to play in the afternoon for lunch and cake and games. Ally Johnson, Ryann (from preschool), Naomi Maughan, and Ellie S.
Cowabunga Bay opened and I bought passes for me and the girls this year. We went with Ruby and Ellie after school during that last week of school and enjoyed having the place practically to ourselves.
Alta getting her Golden Falcon Award during the assembly on the last day of school:
Her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Barbano. Alta got a little teary-eyed when we walked away; she loved Mrs. Barbano and she was such a fantastic teacher!
School's-out party at Mikayla Maughan's, just like last year. These kids had a blast together.
The first Saturday in June was Little Red Riding Hood, the next race Anna and I had signed up for. It's an extremely popular ride and you have to sign up through a lottery since far more people want to ride than they have spots for. We signed up for the 70 mile distance, not really thinking we'd get in, and were very surprised to find out we got picked. Anna probably was ready to ride that far but there was NO way I had trained enough, so we settled for 50 instead. It was a good distance, good weather, and a good ride.
Ellie's preschool graduation was a week after Alta got out of school (weird, I know), so that next week of June we all got to watch Ellie's end-of-year program. It was adorable!
Ellie and Miss Linda, who was also a fabulous teacher:
We enjoyed our school-free day with a picnic lunch at my favorite park to go to in the spring. Ellie was determined to learn how to do the monkey bars:
I finally got Alta into swimming lessons! I decided the only way she would ever learn was one-on-one, so I had her take a week of private lessons with a great teacher in Lorna's ward. She did great sometimes and freaked out other times, but that was only to be expected. She had a lot of water anxiety to overcome! Ellie would wear her suit and play around in the water and by the end of the week was so excited for her own turn at swimming lessons (later in the summer).
Kevin and Mal and Beck came over for a BBQ and to play with the cable cam. That thing was a huge part of our (mostly Dan's) summer.
Ellie showing off her one-handed cartwheels. Next time I need to get my real camera out.
We went to the dinosaur museum with my friend Tara and Alta loved this building station.
Playing on the dragon outside of Alta's gymnastics:
These girls are little bikers!
I can't remember what the situation was, but for some reason Dan was watching Olive at work and Mark took her back to his house so Lorna could watch her. I laughed when I saw this picture. I guess you CAN fit a baby in a porsche!
Olive is a bit of a picky eater, especially with meat. But she loves ribs, and especially loves sucking on the bones:
My early-spring planting was successful!
We went to Provo one day to visit the BYU Museum of Art with my mom. They were having an origami exhibit and Alta was in a bit of an origami phase so it was perfect. There was a gorgeous string-art display in the lobby and I wish I would have gotten a picture! Instead I have this:
No pictures allowed in the origami section, but we did get to fold some of our own at the end:
We went swimming at the country club right after, and then had dinner at Magleby's Fresh. Alta's tooth had been hanging on by a thread and it fell out while she was eating her dinner:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment