Sunday, March 15, 2015

Olive turns one

I've been trying to write this post for a long time but it will only get done if I keep it short and sweet.

Olive turned one on January 26th. I kept reliving the day of her birth over and over in my mind and going back to look at all the pictures from her first year. It felt like time went so fast, yet it's strange to remember what our family was like before she was born. I think every parent says the same thing!

The day before her birthday we had a little party with Dan's family. Olive opened a few presents with a lot of help from Beck, Alta, and Ellie.

 We had cake, which Olive didn't know what to do with at first:

 I put some in her mouth and she realized it was good. She ate almost the entire thing, but never got that messy:
 ...but still needed a bath:
 Then she played with her new toys:
 On her birthday I tried to get some pictures of her, but she would have none of it. She kept walking towards me and pulling off her headband:

Her stats and development:
-at her one-year checkup she was 28.3 inches and 18 lbs 4 oz. Strangers are always surprised to find out how old she is; she is so tiny.
-She got some more teeth but I don't remember when. I think she had 7 or 8 when she turned one.
-She had been close to walking for so long but finally took her first steps a few weeks before she turned one. She was walking fairly well by her birthday.
-She is still a fantastic sleeper at night, but also still inconsistent with her naps. It can be very frustrating, but at the same time I'm used to her refusing to take naps so I don't feel bad making her stay awake to run errands or go places with Ellie.
-She babbles and sings and screams and dances. She learns from her older sisters!

And for your enjoyment:

She has been such a fun, happy baby to have around. I am grateful every single day that she is with us. She has taught me to let go of a lot of unreal expectations of myself and my family and has brought so much peace and joy to our home (even when there is little peace and quiet). We love our Olive girl!

1 comment:

  1. Olive is the cutest baby! I loved seeing pictures of her throughout her first year. She has changed a lot!

    ReplyDelete