Alta had an early out Friday so after scrambling to pack, we got in the car and drove to St. George. We put Alta and Ellie in the back seat together (a first for them) and there was a lot of fighting at first but they eventually worked it out. Olive was not a happy baby and cried for about half of the drive. I was burned out by the time we got to St. George. But it's so nice to have somewhere to stop halfway. The girls love running around the house:
I had packed dinner in a cooler and put it in the oven as soon as we got there. We ate and all went straight to bed.
We woke up very early the next morning so we could get back on the road. The girls were perfect in the car all the way to Alisa's house. I read to Dan almost the entire drive, and we got to Laguna Hills around noon.
Eight cousins happy to see each other:
We spent all of Saturday hanging out at Lisa's house and I hardly saw Alta and Ellie. Dan also went to a basketball game with Matt that night.
On Sunday we went to church with Lisa and Matt. In the afternoon, Jamie and Andy came and we had dinner together and all the cousins had fun running around, sliding down the stairs, and putting on shows for us. Olive was a little overwhelmed and wouldn't leave my side.
On Monday, Lisa's older kids were off to school so Alta and Ellie got a chance to play with just Everett and Elizabeth for the morning. In the early afternoon we drove to Jamie's house for lunch and playing in the cul-de-sac. Jackson is homeschooled right now so he was around to skateboard with Dan (and Olive):
And Quinn loved having friends to play with. She kept telling Alta and Ellie, "Girls! Girls! Come chase me! Come tickle me!". She liked pushing Olive in a doll stroller:
While Jamie was picking up her other kids from school, we went down to the San Clemente pier and got ice cream and walked around. Olive had fallen asleep on the 15 minute drive so we lugged her around in the carseat. She slept like that for another 20 minutes or so (something she hasn't done since she was a tiny, tiny baby!).
Ellie wanted to put sand in that plastic bag so she could take bring it home...
Running from waves:
Olive did not like the sand or the ocean: (she was tired and cranky though)
We went back to Jamie's house so the girls could play with Carter and Max while Dan and Jackson went surfing. Or should I say, Jackson went surfing and Dan made a good effort.
That evening Dan drove back to Matt and Lisa's with the kids and Alisa met Jamie and I at a restaurant in San Clemente so we could have a girls night. We ate delicious food and when it got too cold to be outside, we sat in the car and talked for a long time .
That's all the pictures I have. I've said this before, but I always forget to take pictures while I'm with my family! I had too much fun spending time with my sisters. The next post will be Disneyland!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment