Dan was (and still is) very busy at work. We didn't see much of him so we were always trying to stay busy. One afternoon we got together with friends and went to a pumpkin patch outing. The kids were not really cooperating for our picture effort:
That's a lot of girls:
I loved that the tomatoes were still ripe in the middle of October so we picked as many as we could from Lorna's garden:
Another playdate, this time at TP farm country. They had a Wizard of Oz theme that wasn't nearly as exciting as I was expecting, but still fun.
We went on a bike/scooter ride around the Herriman lake with Ruby and Ellie:
We were in desperate need of a break with all the hours Dan was working so we took a very short trip to St. George. We drove there Saturday afternoon and came back Sunday night but had a great time. One of our favorite parts about St. George is the 8 hours of reading time we get there and back (if the girls cooperate). This time we started reading another adventure/survival book:
I went on an evening bike ride up Snow Canyon and it was gorgeous:
We went swimming a couple times and Olive loved the water:
We came back home and a few days later it was Halloween! Alta had picked out a pattern with Lorna for her costume and even helped cut everything out. She was such a cute bunny. Ellie changed what she wanted to be about 10 times before she decided on a witch. Easy enough, we already had a costume. Here they are on the way to school:
Alta and Mikayla:At the school parade:
Emmy's mom texted this to me and it made me smile. It sounds like all the kids loved the really soft fabric of Alta's costume and couldn't stop touching it!
I dressed Olive up as a Cabbage Patch Doll. I made the wig the morning of and was very relieved that it turned out so cute!
Ellie had an obsession with The Nightmare Before Christmas all month and so she had told me she wanted to be a scary witch. I didn't want to paint her face for preschool, but I did right before trick-or-treating and she loooooved it:
All ready to go:
Some of the neighborhood friends we went with:
She's just too cute:
Playing in the across-the-street neighbor's yard. They go all out for Halloween and the girls love it every year:
After a successful hour or so of trick-or-treating, we met up with Kevin and Mal and Beck and then headed to the Browers. The girls liked handing out candy and then learned how fun it was to play tricks on people. Dan showed Alta how to hide behind the door and blow the air horn whenever people came up...
Olive played with all the candy and inevitably figured out how to get the wrapper off the sucker. Her first taste of candy:
And for the next week Ellie kept asking me how many days until it was Halloween again, and telling me what she wanted to be. I guess it was a success!















Your kids' costumes are AMAZING!!! I love them.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm so impressed that Olive eats tomatoes. So awesome.
That picture of Snow Canyon made me homesick for southern Utah. We hardly ever get down there anymore. It's so beautiful!