The week before Thanksgiving I started getting a sore throat, and the next thing I knew I was out with a fever, chills, and horrible aches. I can't remember the last time I've had the flu (I assume that's what it was)! Dan came home from work to find me completely useless on the floor while Olive ate an incredibly juicy orange (that she found in Alta's lunch box) on the carpet...
That Saturday I still felt awful but Dan wanted to take both the girls to Snowbird on opening day. They were anxiously waiting for Olive to wake up and decided to practice skiing around the living room:
Alta took a few runs first, and even rode the lift by herself (while I watched from the car, imagining her falling to her death).
Then it was Ellie's turn. She's pretty cautious but got a couple runs in while Alta and I waited in the car (we currently only have one pair of skis so they have to take turns, something that will end as soon as Christmas gets here!).
The whole weekend was pretty horrible feeling the way I did, but I started getting better just in time to head to St. George on Tuesday afternoon. We spent the rest of the week there and had a fun, relaxing time. I was still not feeling 100% but I got in a couple bike rides, we swam and played outside, cooked a lot of food, and went razoring.
Playing Uno with Aunt Mal:
Eating at Irmita's:
Dan took the girls around the neighborhood:
And then took Olive too, which she did not like:
The whole family (minus Mark taking the picture) before our Thanksgiving feast:
Olive not really eating her food:
and playing with Daddy:
The dessert spread. Malorie made a carrot cake and I was in charge of pies, and somehow ended up making three.
It was fun having Beck to run around with!
Dan took this picture while he was hiking around getting cable cam shots:
All four kids wanted those Uno cards:
I hadn't been razoring since before I was pregnant! Sand-blasted:
I got this game for Alta to play during the trip but everyone else ended up stealing it. Alta liked to get up early and play before everyone else could take it from her. Sometimes Grandpa would help:
Slap-happy cousins:
Our attempt at a family picture:
We left on Sunday with enough time to stop in Provo on the way home and spend time with my family. Ellie is modeling her pillow case dress from my Grandma Stephenson:
And Olive, like all babies before her, discovered the bead chairs:
I haven't been keeping up on my notes on Olive's development, so from what I can remember:
-she has no interest in walking but is a very fast crawler
-she loves to babble and sing and sometimes bounces when she hears music
-she got another tooth (number 4 on the bottom) this month and was pretty cranky for a while
-she is eating more and more solid food and started losing interest in nursing at the end of the month
-she has entered the stage where cooking dinner has become impossible because she stands on my leg and cries the whole time
-she is definitely starting the mommy-preference thing, but gets so excited when Dan gets home from work
-she didn't have the happiest month, but once that tooth came through things got much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment