We all loaded up in our car (including Jeremy too since it was Saturday) and drove into San Francisco again. Dan had heard that the big catamarans were going to be practicing for the America's Cup so we went to the bay to watch. I only had my phone so the boat looks far away, but it was crazy to watch.
Then we went to the California Academy of Sciences and spent the afternoon there. Ellie standing next to this guy, she thought he was so funny:
There were lots of different exhibits but I think the girls liked the aquarium the best. Not that you can tell from this picture.
At the end of the day we were all exhausted from walking around so we watched a 3D movie about coral reefs just so we could sit down:
The plan for dinner was to go to a restaurant my sister had recommended. After walking all the way back to the car, driving around forever trying to find parking, and walking all the way to the restaurant I was in what Dan likes to call my "panic hunger" mode. Never a good thing for anyone involved. There was a little bit of a wait at the restaurant so we just went across the street to a place with pretty much the same menu. I don't know what it was called. And I don't know if it was just my extreme hunger, but it was amazing.
The clam chowder was much better than at Boudin's, and the bread was the same. I'm pretty sure Boudin's supplies most of the local restaurants with bread. And they were not stingy! Every time we finished a plate they immediately brought us more. The girls filled up on bread with entire packs of butter spread on each piece.
Then it was up the insanely steep streets back to the car. Pushing a double stroller was hard work!
And a block away from the car, Ellie had to go potty and could not wait! We were no where near a bathroom, so we resorted to her peeing down the hill by the side of the car. I thought it probably wouldn't be appropriate to put the picture here...
We finally made it back and the girls once again spent the evening playing in the backyard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








It's so fun reading about your trip! I really must go to SF soon and when I do I'm gonna need to find that restaurant! I know all about "panic hunger"; so glad you landed at a place with incredible food!
ReplyDeleteAnd, oh my gosh, I'm dying that Ellie peed in the gutter! I'm impressed that she did that (and you know she's not the first or last to pee on the street in SanFran)!