Ellie turned three on June 1st. I've been looking at old pictures on our computer so for your enjoyment, here's a little photo tour of Ellie's life so far.
Year one. She never slept, but she was one fun, chubby, crazy-haired baby.
Year two. She really started thinning out half-way through this year and looks like the Ellie of today.
Year three.
On her birthday we gave her her big present, a new balance bike!
I guess it took all of the uncles to put it together:
Since her birthday she has been going through a tough phase. She is mastering the art of
-whining
-hitting, pinching, and biting Alta
-refusing to eat (she rarely eats dinner, even when Alta gets dessert and she doesn't)
-throwing all-out screaming temper tantrums for 45+ minutes at a time
But for the most part she is happy and loving. She always runs up to Dan and I with a hug and an "I love you".
Some other things about Ellie:
-she is about average weight but on the short side
-she likes to wear all of Alta's clothes and fits in most of them
-she
still doesn't climb out of her crib (yes, my 3-year-old is in a
crib...) so every morning she wakes up and yells "I'm not sleepy
anymore!" until someone gets her out
-she still takes naps, although not always willingly
-her favorite meal is breakfast and she loves oatmeal, pancakes, and waffles
-she always pretends to do gymnastics and is so excited to be in a real class now
-as of a few months ago, she loves nursery (huge change!)
-she sings songs all the time and often makes up her own
-she has such a good imagination and pretends things all the time
We love our Ellie girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Oh! She is too cute! I loved seeing pictures of her before we met you guys. Sorry to hear about the long tantrums. Hopefully that phase will be short-lived!
ReplyDeleteoh, thanks for getting us all caught up on her cute ways!!!
ReplyDeleteI love her choice of eyewear! Such a cutie. Give her hugs from us!
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing the three years together. I can't believe how much she has changed and stayed the same at the same time. Happy Birthday Ellie!
ReplyDeleteCute little Ellie! It's fun to see how much she has changed, wow! Does she like her bike?
ReplyDelete