Saturday, July 6, 2013

June 2013

I've got a whole month to catch up on with lots of pictures! This is going to be way too long.

June 5th - Donut Falls
Some friends decided to start a weekly hiking group and I've loved getting out into the mountains! We did the short hike to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon the first week. I knew having both my kids hiking would slow everyone down, so I decided to carry Ellie on my back and it's worked out great. Even though she's heavy!

 Park day with friends - this is a fun group of kiddos! They all play together so well and I love getting a chance to visit with my friends.

We went to the Bucket O'Crawfish (real name) for a friend's birthday. It was my first crab pot experience, and it was pretty good. After I got over my squeamishness of pulling shrimp heads off.
 June 11 - Preschool Graduation!
Alta knew every word to every song, not that you could hear her.

Water play. The girls have loved running in their sprinkler and helping Dan wash our cars. That sprinkler has been on a LOT already this spring/summer.

June 15th - Bell's Canyon
I missed out on the weekly hike this week so I decided to take the girls on Saturday while Dan was racing go karts. We hiked the first part of Bells Canyon to the reservoir. I hadn't done this since Dan and I backpacked up the canyon before we were married.

It's pretty steep but Alta loved it and Ellie was happy to sit on my back.


 We were all pretty dirty when we got back to the car:

Another day at the park enjoying the gorgeous Utah spring:


Taking lunch to Dan and eating at the pavilion right by Brower Timing. After Dan goes back to work the girls love to run around the little park.


June 19th - Pepperwood Falls
We did a short easy hike this week for those of us with two kids. I made Ellie hike by herself.

June 21-22 - girls weekend in St George
I got to join some of the ladies from our ward bookclub for a short getaway to St. George to see Mary Poppins at the Tuacahn. It was fun to finally see a show there! We stayed at the Brower's house (thank you!) and enjoyed swimming in the pool and eating out at Anasazi Steakhouse and a new little creperie. My favorite part was a 30 mile ride to Gunlock Reservoir with my friend Anna. I love having someone to ride with!

Also this month, I decided to sign the girls up for swimming lessons. It was a last minute thing but I think it was really good for Alta. Ellie sat at the side of the pool most of the time refusing to do anything, but she was still so excited to go every morning!

 June 26th - Twin Lakes
This week's hike was another beautiful one. I'd never done this one. It was a little hard for Alta but she did it and I was so proud of her.


 Alta wanted to take a picture:
 And then so did Ellie...she needs some practice
June 27th - Zoo with Daddy!
Last but not least. We've had zoo passes for two years and Dan has never gone with us since I always take the girls on weekday mornings. My pass is about to expire and I'm not renewing it this year so we decided to go as a family. No other pictures besides this, but we had fun.

Also this month: Alta and Ellie started gymnastics classes (pictures to come later), we celebrated Father's Day and I already forgot what we did, I chopped 6 inches off my hair, and the girls joined a weekly playgroup which has been wonderful for my sanity.

I'll post more often in July!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so amazing packing Ellie! She must be Heavy! You go girl! So active and in shape I feel lazy after reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a summer! You've been busy doing fun and exciting things. Glad you got to experience Tuacahn. It's one of my favorite places! And, Gunlock is great too!

    ReplyDelete