Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Day

Waking up to snow on May 1st is not ideal. Neither is doing this 10 minutes later:

Boo. I still haven't gotten it fixed.

We braved the cold weather that day and went to the Thanksgiving Point tulip festival with my mom. It was beautiful! I just wish we could have explored the gardens for longer, but we were all freezing.



The weather warmed up quickly after that day, and I finally got Dan to help me build my planter box. I have wanted to try my hand at gardening for years but there's always some reason I don't get around to it. This year I was determined! I'm starting small since I tend to kill plants.

So what started out as this:
Now looks like this:
I've also been getting some runs (very, very short but I'll take what I can get with these knees!) and bike rides in. Ellie loves having her own time with me while Alta is at preschool:

This is Alta's crazy hair day for preschool. She though it was absolutely hilarious to have three buns in her hair:
And Mother's Day was wonderful as always! Dan and the girls made me breakfast, and we went to the Browers for dinner. My request for the day was for Dan to play with the girls so I could make this somewhat time-intensive cake I've been wanting to try.


It was a salted caramel six-layer chocolate cake, and it was good. And incredibly rich. We shared it with all of Dan's family and still had half of it left. Don't worry, I took care of it over the next couple of days.

Next up, a post about Alta's birthday. I have a 5 year old!

1 comment:

  1. Sad day! I HATE dropping and cracking phones... And it's happened to me more times than I'd admit. :(

    Good for you for gardening! I feel guilty that I've never really gardened...but that guilt is not quite motivation enough for me to start yet. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete