I helped Ellie wrap up her binkies in a box and send them away:
While we were at it, we convinced Alta to stop sucking her thumb. We bribed them with...
...a kitten! His name is Lollipop (Ollie for short) and the girls are in love with him. He is the perfect kid cat and loves to cuddle with Alta and tolerates Ellie surprisingly well.
Alta had her kindergarten orientation this month. We walked to the school with a friend (I love that our school is so close!) and the kids took a tour while the parents sat through a slightly informative and slightly boring meeting. But I am so excited for this next stage in our lives! Alta and Ruby after the tour:
Also this month - soccer! Alta had so much fun at the first practice but the game a few days later was a bit of a disaster. The next week she knew what to expect and was willing to play, and now she loves it. She's smaller than everyone else and pretty much runs around following the pack but never goes for the ball. It's so cute to watch her!
I also threw a baby shower for a friend of mine. I wanted to keep it low-key so I made it a simple cookies and milk theme (and was very glad to have some friends offer to bring cookies so I didn't have to make 12 dozen). I had a lot of fun putting it together! I just snapped some quick photos with my phone:
And then more soccer games. April is one of those deceptive months where it gets really warm some days and then is snowing the next. We had a lot of cold practices and games!
And Alta actually kicking the ball!
I got in my first spring bike ride. It's my favorite time of year to go and it was beautiful!
And lastly, we went to the zoo in 75 degree weather. The girls didn't care about seeing the animals at all. Alta wanted to find all the Lego displays (the zoo's new thing for the summer) and Ellie just wanted to ride the carousel.
This picture cracks me up, I don't know why:
And that's it for April!









what an eventful month. we definitely need to get together soon. I love the cookies and milk idea.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun month! Cute shower! Maybe we need to bribe Riley to stop sucking his thumb with a kitten? We have a neice who got a kitten for Christmas so he'll ask for one once in awhile. I'm not so sure I'm up for it, but maybe to get him to stop sucking his thumb. :)
ReplyDelete