Friday, March 1, 2013

February

I'm not sure how February is already over. The highlights of this month -
Valentine's Day. Alta helped me pick which valentines she wanted to make for her preschool class and then did almost all the work! She was very proud of them.

 Dan and I didn't go on a Valentine's date, but we had a family lunch date and then I made these delicious lava cakes after the girls went to bed.

Our anniversary was on the 16th, happy 7 years to us! Since we are going to Panama kid-free, we opted for a family anniversary trip and went down to St. George. It was warm and beautiful and sunny and we took advantage of it. We spent two days swimming in the hot tub, playing in the back yard, hiking in Snow Canyon, and I went on my first "real" bike ride since my knee surgery.

 The girls watched Robin Hood for the first time and thought it was so fun:


Other than that, the month was spent mostly indoors once again. The girls get creative in their play. Ellie likes to change her clothes and wear the strangest things, like leotards (EVERY day), "dancing pants" (any sort of leggings), and my favorite, goggles.


We had some snow last Saturday and finally went sledding. It was windy and cold and as soon as we got out of the car Ellie started crying to go home. But Alta had fun sledding and skiing down the hill, and eventually we convinced Ellie to get out. Her first time skiing:


1 comment:

  1. I love the homemade Valentines. We'll need to do that next year... And those lava cakes look delish!

    Have a blast in Panama!

    ReplyDelete