The title says it all. January was fairly uneventful - just cloudy and cold cold cold. I don't think it got above 20 degrees and the sun never came out.
We tried to keep busy with a few playdates, but mostly just stayed home. The girls got a little bored one day and decided to decorate the walls:
It was only pencil, but they drew on four different walls and I still haven't gotten it off. I guess we needed a second coat of paint anyway!
Dan had his first master's ski race of the season and did pretty well for himself.
It was really cold and Alta was freaking out, but Dan and Kevin took them for a little ride anyway.
The next weekend Dan took Alta to Snowbird (ha, that sentence is kind of funny). It was a perfect day, it was twice as warm (literally) on the mountain than it was in the valley.
Alta came home and told me she was nervous but still had fun. She went again last weekend and loved it.
We had our first couples book club - technically Feb 1st, but it's making the January post. Dan and I picked one of my all-time favorite books, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It was so fun getting together with the four other couples and talking about it. I made this dessert for everyone and I am now in love with it:
And maybe the best event of the month, this little girl decided to potty train herself:
She woke up one morning three weeks ago and said she wanted to wear underwear, and hasn't had an accident yet. Actually, no - she had one small one last week. But that's it. She wears a diaper to bed at night so we're not all the way there, but good enough for me.
I also spent a lot of time researching vacation destinations this month
because Kevin and Malorie talked us into taking a trip with them. It
didn't really take that much convincing. So in five weeks we
will be leaving for........Panama!
I am beyond excited.
Now on to February and hopefully warmer days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Your blog is full of Win.
ReplyDeletePanama?!! That sounds awesome! I really want some of that chocolate torte right now too...
ReplyDelete"January blahs"...yep, seems like a good title for us too! I am SOOOOO ready for warmer weather...
ReplyDeleteOur book club was so fun! I loved discussing that awesome book with everyone.
How exciting that you get to go to Panama. Very cool.
I can't wait to hear more about this Panama trip!
ReplyDeleteAnd, I must have been talking so much about Ruby skiing that you didn't have a chance to tell me that Alta's been up, too. I'm so glad she likes it!