Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bobsled races

A few weeks ago there was a Worldcup bobsled event at the track in Park City, so one of the days we took the girls up to check it out. It was rainy and cold, but really fun.

There were teams from all over the world, including USA 1, 2, and 3. We took a shuttle to the very top of the course and then walked down so we could see each turn. The start was pretty intense, it was fun to watch.


It was excited to stand at a turn and hear the rumbling of the sled get louder and louder until they blasted past us going 80+ miles per hour.

Actually, Ellie was not a big fan of that part. It scared her every time.

We were so close, we could have reached out and touched them.

Definitely something we want to do again!

6 comments:

  1. Did you see Chris Fogt? I think he is on USA team 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! We want to come with you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that Lolo Jones made the US team. Did you see her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did make the team, and I think she's doing pretty well! I know she was there, but we didn't go to the women's events so we didn't see her.

      Delete
  4. How fun...and cold! Looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete