Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas round 1

We wanted to have our own little Christmas before we leave for Utah, so last night we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas together and this morning we got up and opened presents.

Ellie of course really only wanted the paper:

Alta's big present was this project I've been working on lately. I forgot to take a before picture, but here's my craigslist nightstand turned play kitchen:

It took longer than I thought it would, and Dan had to help me quite a bit (mainly because I'm scared of power tools). But I think Alta is going to have a lot of fun with it.

She was cooking a pizza:

Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see our family and friends in Utah!

9 comments:

  1. You are seriously my new idol...you need to make me one too! I LOVE the stove top!! I need to know how you did that! Dowels? That is just pure little girl happiness on her face. I love it. Oh. And Elle. I really just want to kidnap her chubbiness. LOVE YOU!!! Come to my house for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love Alta's face when she sees the kitchen. You are so creative - Dan too. I am totally impressed. How did all you girls get that crafty talent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make something like that for Anna, but I'm too scared. I'll have to get some tips from you if I ever do it!. Yours looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute shalanie! I wish we were going to Utah to see you guys:(. Looks like Alta loved her Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that idea for a stove!! Props to you both for making it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that play kitchen is the cutest thing I have ever seen. so much better than my easy bake oven when I was little. It is so classy and adorable! nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the kitchen. Sophie is also getting a kitchen for Christmas, but we are not nearly as adventurous and handy as you guys...so I bought one from Walmart.

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Utah. It doesn't sound like we'll get to see you...we'll be doing family stuff with Bryson's family until the 26th, when we go down to St. George for a week and a half...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously?! How did all my sisters get this amazing creative gene, it totally skipped me!!
    I love love love your girls- take an extra 12 hours and come visit when you are in UT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That kitchen is absolutely adorable! I love it. I wish we could craft together again. Have a great Christmas in Utah.

    ReplyDelete