Saturday, September 25, 2010

Browers, Part 2

We just played, played, played for the whole week we were in Draper! Biking, golfing, shopping, go-karting, going to a movie, hanging out with friends, and eating so much good food...it was such a great trip!

Alta became obsessed with the trampoline. She's been on one a few times before but never really liked them until this trip. Between that and the swingset, she was one happy little girl. The heat and humidity in Virginia had been so bad that it had been a LONG time since she got to play outside.

She would hang on this bar all by herself and didn't want me to touch her. But then she'd say "I'm tired!" and immediately let go.

Alta painted for the first time. She liked putting the wet brush in every color so by the end all the colors were just brown.

She also got to help out in the kitchen. Grandma is much more patient than Mommy!


Pat and Ellie. I think everyone got a turn to play bounce-the-fussy-baby!

Alta loves ipads. She knows exactly how to use them, where her favorite apps are, how to turn up the volume, everything. She was more than happy to cuddle up with Aunt Mal and find youtube videos.

Dan and I got to go out by ourselves a couple times while everyone played with the babies. Apparently this is what happens when we're gone:

More jumping with Kevin and Malorie:

Mark and Ellie:

Oh, and this post would not be complete with a picture of Alta and Benni. She loved feeding him every morning and night and making sure he had water. She constantly talked about him and what he was doing. She loved bossing him around. And by the end of the trip she wasn't afraid of him at all:

Here's the only video I have:

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the picture of her in the carseat. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing Alta's voice on the video. She is becoming a good bossy oldest child! I hear shades of how Jamie used to tell all of you what to do. Sorry Jamie - sad but true! It sure made you a good mother's helper though.

    ReplyDelete