So I've been coming up with all sorts of projects I want to do, but the funny thing about being pregnant is that I have all this ambition to get things done, but no energy to actually do it. Here are a few things I've finished. Don't laugh at how simple these projects are, it's quite an accomplishment that I did any of this!
-I made a couple baby blankets that are actually big enough to be used for swaddling, yay! It re-affirmed that I can't really sew, or cut straight lines, but I'll get there someday.
-I made these two throw pillows out of cloth place mats.
I was going to post more about Alta, but she's patiently kicking the side of her crib as hard as she can to let me know she's awake from her nap. But here's a picture. I asked her to show me her happy face:
Way to go on your projects. I've had the desire to craft lately, but not the time. I found a few craft blogs that I love and I'm almost ready to lock myself in my room to sew, paint, and whatever else! Check out Ucreate - she has some really adorable skirts and dresses among other stuff. The other blogs I look at are all links from her blog.
ReplyDeleteAww, good job! I love everything you're doing! Your plates are so cute! And I'll bet those pillows match your curtains perfectly.
ReplyDeleteThat sure looks like great sewing to me. Wow, you are really kicking it up. I sent the sewing machine on Monday, so it should be there today or Monday from UPS. I hope you still need it. It looks like you already have one. I can look at Alta's happy face all day long!
ReplyDeleteImpressive Shalane! And now it looks like you will have your own machine from Lorna (what a great mother-in-law!). As always, Alta is adorable.
ReplyDeleteSewing sucks...why would you even want too pick that up? I always end up just swearing a lot. Though, I have to say bravo on those pillows...very stylish! I can't wait to come see your cute house! And cute girl!
ReplyDeletewhatever shalane those projects are so cute! i love the pillows! that takes skill
ReplyDelete