Alta has been preparing to be a good helper for when the baby comes.
She likes to dress and undress her baby doll and put her to bed (along with all her other stuffed animals):
She asks me to wrap up her animals in her blanky and she takes them on stroller walks, or does this:
She likes to help clean up - wiping up messes, sweeping the floor, even unpacking from Dan's camping trips:
I think her favorite thing to do is to help me when I'm in the kitchen. She will drag a chair over to the counter and proceed to get into everything I'm trying to cook. She's makes it very clear that she's being helpful by telling me over and over, "helping, helping Mommy!".
Speaking of cooking, I've been doing a lot of it lately. I'm on a kick to try lots of new recipes. I've made some new breads, new dinners, and of course desserts:

Speaking of cooking, I've been doing a lot of it lately. I'm on a kick to try lots of new recipes. I've made some new breads, new dinners, and of course desserts:
And Alta is generally pretty happy to test my cooking, especially when it involves eating cookies:
my mom always told us "Watching is Helping"
ReplyDeleteI like her lambie shirt and I like the idea of these desserts.
good work Brower.
Congrats :) Isn't it funny that husbands always want what they don't get? Chase keeps telling me he wants a girl, and I keep saying I don't have a lot of control over that...
ReplyDeleteI think its fun to have 2 of the same in a row.
Jim says only a REAL man produces boys...so, I guess Dan isn't really a man.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to make those Samoa cookies today. They look SO good and are my favorite cookie in the WORLD!! I miss you!!
Love the photos. And all the cooking - what's up with that? Is this really my daughter that didn't ever really cook until she got married? I'm proud of you!! And love you all lots.
ReplyDeleteHey congrats Shalane on having another little g1irl, that's always an exciting time! Those samoa cookie bars look amazing. After reading the recipe it sounds like they take way too much time that I have the patience for but I now am craving them more than ever! I did see some girl scouts selling cookies at Fred Meyer today, and they are still open...... hmmmmm :) Hope you are doing well, Alta is adorable!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another girl! Shalane, I still say I need to see pictures of you pregnant. Otherwise I find it hard to believe that you actually are :) Marcus printed off that samoa recipe because he wants me to make it. It really does look delicious!
ReplyDelete