Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Part 2

We made it back home, we flew in on Sunday. Alta has been surprisingly good since we've been back despite being spoiled rotten for 2 1/2 weeks! We've enjoyed a couple quiet days hanging out at home, just me and her. We definitely miss everyone though, Alta talks about her uncle Pat and Beni the dog all day long! I have to tell her they are at Grandma's house, and then she says "bye-bye Pat, bye-bye doggie".

So now for some catch-up. We did so much while we were in Utah, and I took very few pictures. I had to take some from other people's cameras, and I even stole a couple from some other blogs (thanks Chelsea and Lorna...).

The day before New Year's Eve, we left Alta with the Browers and went snowshoeing with some friends and stayed at the same yurt we did two years ago. Between being out of shape, being pregnant, and hiking at an elevation of almost 10,000 ft, it was a good thing I have a nice husband who strapped my pack to a sled and carried it for me. It was beautiful up there, and we had a good time. We're glad Marcus planned it (even if I was less-than-enthused to go at first).


Dan got to go skiing, although probably not as much as he would have liked. I even got to go a few times-I snowboarded one day and got two shorter days of skiing lesson from Dan.

Daniel, Mark, Natalie and Jeremy on the Brower family ski day (Alta and I skipped out on that one)

We were trying to find boots for me and Alta wanted to wear them too.

We also had our annual dinner at the Roof Restaurant with the Browers:

The food was delicious as always and it was so nice to have a meal without Alta. We got to sit and eat and talk for a long time. Meanwhile, Alta had plenty of fun with Grandma and Grandpa Palmer:

We love our wonderful parents who were willing to watch Alta and let us do so many fun things! (We even got to see two movies, in the theater!)

I hear the little girl stirring, time to get her up. Still more posts to come...

1 comment:

  1. fun, fun ,fun. Mom, you are so cute in that picture, I can't believe you are the grandma!

    ReplyDelete