On Friday, Alta and I went to the zoo with my friend Angie. It's a bit of an ordeal getting there since it's right in DC, which is why we rarely go. But we had lots of fun and saw a lot more than I thought we would. Alta liked seeing all the animals (or "mamos" as she calls them) but was pretty nervous if she wasn't in her stroller or being held. Which is why the only pictures I got were of her running around with Sam while we ate lunch. I think it was her favorite part.

On Saturday, Dan and I had two frisbee games and as usual they were an hour away. It was a bit of a disaster with Alta. It's not so easy to drag her around with us to things WE want to do these days.
On the way home we stopped by the temple so I could take some pictures for a project. Dan took a few pictures while Alta was running around, this was the only one she's standing still in.

So, after a long day with no nap, Alta had passed the tired stage and went into her hyperactive stage just in time for trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. This is before we went:


It seems like Alta learns a new word everyday; on Saturday it was "nandy" (candy) and "tee choo" (thank you). She thought this trick-or-treating thing was fantastic. She's usually very shy around strangers so it was funny to see her go straight up to people and take candy from them. And it only took her a day or two to realize that her fun little candy toys were actually something to eat, as she learned when she accidentally opened a Hershey's bar. The candy is now hidden and the c-word is banned.
We have some really cute videos of Alta in her costume but I can't get them on my computer. Hopefully those will come later this week.
Tell her to come over and teach Holden how to talk! It's a sad day when they find our what's in all those wrappers!
ReplyDeleteOh, I remember when Scott and I was sucked in to Lost. That's what we did with all of our free time for months:)
ReplyDeleteAlta is the cutest cat woman I've ever seen! Love the costume:)
I made Jim take all of Sawyers candy to work with him, otherwise it was a nightmare trying to hide it...he always seemed to know where it was.
ReplyDeleteAlta cracks me up. I really want to see those videos! And what is it with girls and just being born smarter than boys...before you go to Lisas to teach Holden come here and teach Sawyer! Just come here!! :)
oh she looks so cute in her costume! looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteThe temple picture could be the cover of a Church Magazine. I love it! I also like the one with Sam, so cute. Actually, I love all of them. I can't wait to see her in person in a week!!!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing Alta talk on the videos - can't wait to see and hear her on the next one. She looks adorable in all the photos. Kids force us to learn patience, don't they?
ReplyDelete