Sunday, October 25, 2009

We're back. I don't really have an excuse for neglecting our blog for the past few weeks, I just lost all ambition. I blame it on our recent addiction to Lost.

Here's a video of Alta from the other day. It's one of her new favorite games:



She has started babbling a ton in the last two weeks, although very few words are understandable. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's making sense though.

We got a package from Aunt Alisa yesterday and Alta has had a blast trying on all her new clothes from her cousins. Lisa made Alta a new blanky just like her old one, as well as 2 mini-blankies, so now I have back-ups. Alta was so excited when she saw them in the box!



She likes trying to put the lens cap on the camera. It makes it hard to take pictures...

Last night our ward had a Halloween party and we dressed Alta up. She loved her costume. She wanted to sit in front of the mirror all day and say "meow".

She got the hang of the trick-or-treat thing really quickly. She doesn't even know what candy is, but she loved carrying around her little bag and putting candy in it.

And Dan and I had fun eating it when she went to bed. That's what Halloween's all about, right?

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures and movie--I was missing my Alta fix. Love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of cuteness going on there! I love her kitty costume. And yes, before she figures out what chocolate is, you need to take advantage of eating all of hers that you can!! Thanks for the video - so fun to hear her talking. Wish we could be there to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalane -- what a cutie you have!!! These photos sure remind me of you! We just got back from blessing Kaylee's baby, and I look at your photos, and see how much I am going to miss of Cora growing up because we live so far away from them!!! Blogs are great!! Aunt Shirlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see we're not the only ones kifing our kid's candy while they're asleep!

    And seriously-- I WANT that hat that Alta was wearing. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Lost has taken over our lives too...not that we are complaining! Love that little girl-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad she liked the blankies! And what a cute little kitty she makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so cute as a little black cat! That's funny she was meowing at herself in the mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete