Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Productivity part 2

This time it's Dan's turn. Our carpet is getting installed this Thursday so Dan's been doing lots of work over the last week or so, especially over the 3-day weekend. He's been non-stop (except, of course, for the BYU game). Example #1:

This is the main reason we are getting our carpet replaced. This is also why we never want pets. This closet in one of the bedrooms was completely saturated with animal urine. It's been that way for at least 18 months, and the subfloor was STILL damp when Dan ripped up the carpet. He had to bleach the floor, paint it with an odor blocking primer, tear out the baseboards, and cut out some of the drywall to get rid of the smell. Disgusting.

Example #2:

As much as I loved the depressingly dark red walls in our bedroom, they had to go. We repainted with a light gray-blue and our bedroom feels so much brighter and bigger!


Example #3:


Alta's room was the same color as our room. Dan repainted it a light green color I had picked out. I'm not loving it, but it's better than it was. Oops, I don't have a picture of the finished product and Alta is napping.

We've got one last coat in the spare bedroom, I'll put up pictures of that as well when it's done.

Needless to say, once our carpet is installed, we will be taking a little bit of a break from home improvement projects.

I almost forgot a picture of Alta. I've said it before, but her hair is out of control. Fortunately, it's so long that I think it bugs her and she's better about letting me put it up.

We are so excited for the Fogts to come!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your room looks SO good! I can't wait to see everything in person. :)

    And I LOVE Alta's hair. Tell her I want to trade--mine for hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Altas wild hair! And I like the color of your room now...much better. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color in your bedroom. Dan is such a hard worker - getting all those things done on top of full-time work! I hope that every day you tell him what a great guy he is. And you are a great mom! What a cute curly-haired girl you guys have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 more days! Can't wait to see that little lady! And you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so good! The color in your bedroom is really similar to our color--ours is maybe a little more blue. I love it! I seriously want to come out and visit so bad. Marcus talked to Dan yesterday and I am so excited for you guys to be here in December! I can't believe how big Alta keeps getting.

    ReplyDelete