Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I love the change of the seasons. We're having fantastic fall weather and I've been craving things like butternut squash soup and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (which I have baking in the oven right now, mmmm). Alta and I have had fun playing outside without the oppressive humidity.

Here's the past week in pictures:

Alta tends to be very unhappy whenever I cook, even if Dan is around to watch her. He devised this little game to calm her down while I got dinner ready the other night.

Frisbee started this past weekend, which is always fun. It's getting harder to play as Alta gets older though. The field we played at on Saturday had a playground next to it, which Alta absolutely loved.

On Monday evening I had to take some pictures for my class so we went to downtown Manassas. This is where the commuter train stops and Alta had a lot of fun seeing it. She kept saying "choo choo!" all night after that.

What a cutie.

8 comments:

  1. To make pumpkin bread is on my to do list!! It seems like we've been two peas in a pod lately, crabby girls included hahaha. Too bad we don't live closer to each other!! I always admire all the things you are doing.

    Happy Fall! I miss Virginia in the fall. Actually, I miss all the seasons in VA!!! The green, the fall colors, the beautiful spring! Hope you guys are enjoying it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never feel the need to have a daughter until I see pics of sweet Alta and her little pigtails- I'm going to have to stop checking your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alta is such a cutie! Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins?? Looks like the Gray's know where to go for dessert...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree--What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate cooking...come do it for me. I want both those recipes!
    And yes...Alta is VERY CUTE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, those pigtails are adorable! I think I may grow Holden's hair out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Those photos are awesome. I love the one on the playground. We can't wait to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love Dan's ingenuity to think of the game in the sink for Alta. Way to go Dan!

    ReplyDelete