Tuesday, September 22, 2009
16 months old
Alta turned 16 months old yesterday. She has a lot of personality and, like most toddlers, is very strong-willed. She is learning the art of throwing tantrums, and I'm trying to figure out the art of dealing with them! She's saying a few words, and she sometimes even calls me "Mommy". Most of her words are unintelligible except to me or Dan, but it's a start.
The slide is her absolute favorite toy. She recently learned how to climb up the slide and go down on her belly.
Mealtimes can be frustrating, but when she does want to eat, she seriously eats. Her belly gets huge and her shirts barely fit when she's done.
She loves her dad! Whenever I tell her it's time to go pick up Daddy, she gets a big smile on her face and yells, "Daddy!".
She also loves shoes. She always brings me pairs of shoes (never a mismatched pair) and wants me to put them on her. If they are big enough, she can do it herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the different faces of Alta. She is such a beautiful toddler! Thanks for so many pictures. I like to see her doing so many things. She comes from a long line of strong-willed relatives!
ReplyDeleteI love Alta's full belly, it reminds me of my girls'. I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Shalane - it is so nice to get to know Alta better through your sharing with us. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI can't decide which picture is my favorite-- the face-down on the slide total awkwardness or the pensive look as she sits in a pile of leaves... Great pictures!
ReplyDelete(By the way, sorry I still haven't managed to come over and see your carpet. I will soon, I promise!)
For some reason the slide picture is my favorite, it just cracks me up. :)
ReplyDelete