Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My husband, the carpenter

This is the doorway between our front room and dining room:


Very boring, right? Dan went to Home Depot on Saturday and came home a couple hours later with nothing but some planks of plain wood and one piece of crown molding. I was intrigued as to where this was going. He did lots of painting, measuring, cutting and nailing and voila, by the end of the weekend we have this:


It's nice to know that if my husband ever loses his job, he can take up carpentry. Or become a plumber. Or an electrician. Or install wood floors. The possibilities are endless.

Meanwhile, our now 15-month-old is happy to run around half-naked, wearing necklaces and eating cereal.

9 comments:

  1. WOW! The doorway looks fantastic! Great job, Dan! And great job, Shalane! You must have successfully prevented Alta from "helping" all those endless hours. :)

    I'm lovin' Alta's gut. I wish mine was as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Daniel. That really looks great. Your home is getting so beautiful. Alta is more beautiful though! I miss her so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Alta might fit better here in Kansas...
    I'm loving the belly!
    Dan...you did a really nice job. I want to come see the whole house, in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is Dan a carpenter, he has an eye for decorating - it looks great! And I envy Alta. It sounds nice to be able to run around half-naked and eating cereal on hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Don't you love having a handy hubby?

    If I didn't think I'd be arrested, I would probably run around half-naked too. (But not in a diaper...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so perfect! I love it. We really need to come out there and see it. By the time we make it out there someday your house is going to look all brand new gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Alta is so cute, it's fun watching her grow up through pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures of Daniel's work on your house. Actually, the pictures of Alta are my favorite. She is growing up so fast.

    Happy Birthday, Shalane. I remember that your birthday is the same date as our wedding anniversary. Hope you had a great day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I've raved about Dan's work before but I just can't stop raving!!!!! Did you know he had all these talents when you married him or has he just totally taken off with it. Either way, I am beyond impressed. I LOVE it! What a nice touch, i would have never even thought of doing that but what a difference it makes.

    Having just moved into a house I really wish you guys were around to help us!

    I actually enjoy the stuff you post about Alta because it makes me feel like okay, I am a good mom, it's just normal to have struggles with your kids. I just love being able to relate because I love to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete