While I was in Utah, my mother-in-law showed me this bread cookbook she got, Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads. Lorna is going to try a new loaf each week. I've made bread a few times, sometimes even successfully, so I thought it'd be fun to try. Here's the first attempt:

Let me preface by saying I don't really like white bread. But the cookbook recommended making this white bread recipe first before trying the others, and being the somewhat obsessive compulsive person I am, I had to do it.
And it was delicious! It turned out perfect. Between me and Dan (with help from Alta), we ate almost an entire loaf last night. If anyone wants to try making some, I can give you the recipe. Or go to the link to Lorna's blog.
I'm excited to try the other recipes. Thanks for the inspiration, Lorna!
Wow, yours looks perfect. Patrick and his friend ate a whole loaf too. I am so glad you tried it!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I am very hit-or-miss when it comes to bread.... maybe I could look at this recipe sometime??
ReplyDeleteI am impressed! I wish I had been there to taste it with you guys.
ReplyDeletesound fun, and yummy! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteI'm very impressed! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! There is nothing quite like homemade bread... I think there is some sort of chemical that is released while it is cooking that affects our brains. The effect is such that even if you are not hungry when it comes out of the oven, you just HAVE to have a slice (which usually turns into 3 or 4 slices, until before you know it, the whole loaf is gone... which happens fairly quickly in a family of 7. lol)
ReplyDeleteI have to make bread several times a week now, just because my family has become addicted to homemade bread. You could be in the same boat before you know it! lol
Yum! Looks SO good. I am nervous to make bread without my mom. :) I'd love the recipe. Could you email it to me? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAlso, Alta is so adorable with her teethy grin. It's crazy how grown up she is. I'm sure your thinking the same thing.