Alta likes to play with our kitchen appliances. She stands up and bangs on them and yells. Today she was doing this by the dishwasher while I was making lunch. She suddenly got quiet and kept trying to stick her hands in the hinge where the dishwasher opens. She started pulling out a piece of plastic, which I excitedly thought might break our 20-year-old dishwasher.
Instead, I looked down to find her holding this:

I have no idea where it came from. It must have been stuck in the dishwasher from the previous owner. No worries though, I grabbed it before the object-to-mouth reflex kicked in.
This is just one more reason why I
can't wait to rip everything out of our kitchen...
Besides getting more curious, Alta is also getting more social every day. She loves to play peekaboo and get chased by me or Dan. In fact, she loves being with us so much that sometimes she wakes up at 2am just to play.
Here she is in Cheerio-heaven:
Yikes, thats scary! Good thing you were standing right there!
ReplyDeletewow, that is a crazy story! Luci is loving getting chased now too. It's so fun to see them figuring things out. Of course that means more boo boos too. Luci fell down a couple of stairs yesterday because she was so excited she forgot to hold on. So sad...
ReplyDeleteDanilee
Oh, wait, is that not an appropriate toy for babies? I'm the worst mom. Nice save shanana!
ReplyDeleteShe's getting so big! I can't believe that about the knife. That's a tender mercy that you were there... Hope all is well with you guys!
ReplyDeleteI hate it when I turn around and Owen is holding a knife (unfortunatly it's happened more that once).
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you and Dan the other day...and Alta just gets cuter and cuter.
P.S. You looked so cute at Kevin's wedding. Loved the hair AND the dress:)