Saturday, April 9, 2016

January 2016

I just need to get caught up on my posts so here's a quick picture overview of January.


The first Saturday in January was Ruby's baptism. Alta and I went not only because Alta and Ruby are such good friends, but because I wanted Alta to watch how it all works to get her excited for her own baptism! It was a great experience.
 Olive eating straight sour cream, and only sour cream, for dinner one night:


 Sledding at Eastridge Park:
 Dan took the girls skiing every Friday after early-out:
I think Lorna watched Olive for some reason, I can't remember why, but Olive loves her Grandpa (both of them!). She also loves her elephant she got for Christmas and sleeps with it every nap and night. She tells people, "name's Whomper!".
My good friends Amy and Anna and I try to get together once a month for dinner. We always talk for hours and dinner is never enough time so we decided to plan a weekend getaway. We had to plan far in advance, but one weekend in January we made it happen and it was fabulous. (And I feel totally spoiled for getting three girls trips the last few months!)

We drove down to St. George and talked, hot tubbed, ate out, and even got massages and pedicures.

 We drove back Sunday afternoon to be home in time for the stake baptism preview. It was another chance for Alta to see what will happen on her baptism day and she's very excited! Alta, Birkli, and Emmy in the font:
Olive continues to get into everyone's stuff and claim it as her own:
We had the Browers (everyone but Natalie and family) over for family dinner and cake the Sunday before Olive's birthday, but somehow I only have pictures of Olive. She had been talking about her party for weeks (strange for a not-quite-2-year-old, right?) and had this idea in her head that a birthday party had to include balloons, party hats, cake, candles, and presents, so I made sure to have all those things!

 And two days later she was officially two! We didn't do anything special on her actual birthday since we already celebrated. I did charge my camera battery and bought a new memory card since ours was lost with the intent of getting some birthday pictures, but it never happened. Because life with a two-year-old is crazy! This is the only picture I got that day (and might I add that I have no idea where she found that half-eaten apple that she then polished off).
 She did get one present on her birthday from Anna and Ruby and Ellie. Those cute girls went and picked out a duple lego set and she was so excited to open it! She's learned early on to love Lego's from watching Alta and Ellie.

The next day I made the birthday pictures happen. Her sitting still pose cracks me up:

 The headband was gone after about two minutes, as usual, but she was showing off her little fingernails she begged me to paint earlier that morning:

I love those blue eyes! Olive is definitely two and is strong-willed and doesn't stop talking and we love her for it.

Later that day, back to the phone camera:
 Ellie is upside down more often than not:
 Proof that she still does this when I ask her to smile:
 And lastly, Ellie's pajama pancake day at school:

No comments:

Post a Comment