This first picture from my February iPhoto folder made me a little sad because Beni dog died a few weeks after this.
And in the background you can see Olive with her little push toy she got for Christmas, which she has named, appropriately, "New Toy".
And the manic faces of Olive. Crying one second, happy the next. And vice versa. Over and over all day.
She also started sneaking into the pantry and finding all the junk food before I noticed. I quickly put a lock on that cabinet!
And she grew tall enough to ride her strider!
Lorna offered to watch Olive for me so I could go skiing at Solitude since it had been so long since I'd been on skis. Mal couldn't go so I decided to take Alta. We skipped school and left right after dropping Ellie off at kindergarten. It was foggy and gross from the inversion:
And gorgeous and sunny on the mountain:
Alta was the best ski buddy! She is almost faster than me and we took run after run until she was exhausted. I probably only could have handled another run or two anyway so we called it a day and drove back to Draper. Dan met us for lunch and then I took Alta back to school for last part of the day.
Ellie got to go home with Ellie S. while we were skiing and they went to the children's museum together:
That was also the 100th day of Kindergarten so they had to pose with their 100-days-smarter stuff!
I helped out with Ellie's classroom Valentine's party and Olive made herself right at home. She loves Mrs. Graham!
My mom had some tickets to go to the Provo City Center temple open house so we went with her on President's Day. I used to go to stake conference in the tabernacle so I loved being inside and seeing how they restored it into the absolutely beautiful temple it is now.
The next day was our 10th anniversary! I found this wedding photo and laughed out loud. We were babies, especially Dan.
That same day Olive was up to her usual shenanigans. She got the stool, climbed up on the basket, and her hands and the dresser were wet:
"I trying to catch a fish!", she says:
Draper city started filling in the dry canal behind our house and it provided hours of entertainment watching the huge dump trucks and other machinery.
Yes, that's a piece of poop. Olive has been very interested in the toilet so I let her go whenever she wants. She was running around without a diaper after trying to go potty unsuccessfully and a minute later I heard her yelling, sounding very concerned, "I poop! I poop!".
I got this picture from Lorna when we got back from our Kauai trip. When we dropped the girls off before we left, Beni was looking really bad. Lorna had the girls say goodbye to him before they went to my parents for the weekend. They took him to the vet and found out he'd had a stroke and was dying, so they just let him go.
Beni will be missed, the girls always loved when we got to watch him and he was the best dog for little kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment