I have a lot of pictures from March.
We finally had another snowstorm the first week of March. It was a pretty pathetic winter. Ellie was so excited to go sledding with other Ellie:
The next day the snow was nice and sticky so the girls build a snowman:
Olive liked wearing her snow suit inside, and only partly on:
I had to run an errand at Fashion Place mall and it happened to be the first day of a traveling lego exhibit that I hadn't even known about. They had huge replicas of historic American buildings. I loved the DC ones.
Ellie had Western Day at preschool and loved dressing up as a cowgirl and bringing her stick horse:
The first Saturday in March was the Park City ski race. Lorna offered to watch Olive so I took Alta and Ellie to go watch. It was perfect weather and the girls had fun playing in the snow and watching Dan, Kevin, Mitchell, and Mark race.
We went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity with some friends. Ellie and Sophie took turns hanging on the rope and got to write their times on this paper. Ellie could stay on that thing for a long time!
Alta got to have a playdate with her friend Mikayla that same day, my friend sent me this:
Poor Ellie had been dealing with a stomach bug on and off. This one morning she woke up, ate breakfast, and after Alta went to school she fell asleep on the couch for 3 hours. It would have been longer but I woke her up for tumbling because she would have been so mad to miss it.
She perked right up the next day and was able to ride two miles on her bike. Spring came so early!
My grandma was in town for a family funeral so my mom, grandma, and two aunts stopped by for a few minutes. I so rarely get to my extended family! (They were all dressed up for a funeral, and I was getting ready to go on a bike ride...)
Ellie and Ellie jumping with Olive during their playdate:
I have neglected my garden for the past year and a half so I decided to start over this year. It had become overrun with grass so I had to dig it ALL out, pull out all the weeds, and put groundcloth underneath. It took two long afternoons, but it was soon all fertilized and ready to be planted:
Dan took the girls night skiing one last time, this time at Brighton. They stayed late and had lots of fun:
Ellie had her kindergarten orientation! These three neighborhood girls would love to be in the same class.
Olive went to town on a nectarine at Grandma Lorna's house:
Alta has wanted to walk to and from school as often as we can. She's getting all the practice she needs to walk home by herself next year. I love this picture of her and Olive on our way home one afternoon:
Olive loves her big sisters. She also thinks she can do anything they can! She gets frustrated when I don't let her do things, and she's already starting to throw tantrums. She throws herself on the floor, bites, and hits. When the girls close their bedroom door to stop her from getting into things she bangs on the door as hard as she can and screams. It's funny and frustrating at the same time.
One afternoon we went to the school playground with Ruby and Ellie so Alta could show me the trick that she and her friends do everyday at recess:
And a 5-girl train on the slide:
That Saturday, Anna invited us to go to the Pac12 gymnastics championships at the U. I left Olive at home with Dan and we drove and then rode Trax to the meet:
We went to the earlier session and it wasn't very crowded so we got to sit right near the front.
The girls loved watching!
Olive wants to feed herself, which makes mealtime very messy. You can see all her teeth getting so big and in the middle one she's signing "eat":
Natalie and Kaitlyn came to visit and (surprise, surprise) I have hardly any pictures. One morning after preschool we met them at IFA to see the baby chicks. Ellie had her Circus day at preschool and when I picked her up she had her face painted and had made a lion mask!
Olive loved the chicks:
While they looked, I bought flowers for my pot and seeds for my garden. That afternoon Alta helped me plant peas, carrots, rainbow swiss chard, beets, and butter lettuce. I'm hoping at least some of it grows!
Alta, Ellie, and Kaitlyn loving riding in Grandpa's car. When Kaitlyn was little she called the porsche from the movie Cars zaza since she couldn't say Sally. Grandpa's car will forever be known as white zaza to these girls!
We spent every day playing with Kaitlyn and having dinner together.
And Dan had this picture on his phone from when he was playing with the girls one day. Olive pretty much went swimming in that puddle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment