Sunday, February 1, 2015

December 2014 (part 3)

The last few days of December were spent playing with Kaitlyn and skiing.

While Dan went skiing with some of his family, the girls and I built their Lego sets:
One morning I actually went skiing with the girls. It's the first time I've been on skis in two years. We went with Natalie, Jeremy and Kaitlyn and stayed on Chickadee so Ellie could practice and Kaitlyn could ski on her new skis. It turns out it was really cold and really crowded, so we didn't last long. Alta and me on the lift:
That Saturday everyone went to Solitude for a family ski day. I was planning on going but my knees hurt from my last ski attempt so Olive and I stayed home. It looked like a perfect day though and I'm sad I missed out.
Racing:
 Ski cousins:
That afternoon we were all supposed to go to the BYU basketball game, but once again Olive and I stayed home (I had a horrible headache). Ellie didn't like how loud it was at first:
But she got used to it, and they had fun. Alta loved sitting with Kaitlyn and keeping her entertained. They ate an entire bag of dried apples.
On Sunday Beck came back and he gave Alta lots of hugs at dinner:
On Monday, Natalie and Jeremy decided to take a break from skiing and take the girls sledding instead. I stayed at the Brower's with Olive while she napped and kept waiting and waiting for them to get back. They stayed out for hours!
We couldn't find any real sleds but laundry baskets work just as well:

And Alta got SO hot. Ellie buried her in the snow, and then we she came back home she played in the snow without snow clothes to cool off.
Post-sledding hot chocolate:
Then they all painted. These girls are so cute together!
That night we had our Brower Christmas dinner. We left all five of the kids at the Brower's with two of Dan's cousins and left. Half of them were crying as we walked out, and I was worried! I'd never left Olive for that long with a babysitter.

We went to the seafood buffet at Deer Valley again this year and it was delicious. We ate and talked for hours!
We got home and all the kids were asleep. What a relief!

We had one last day with Natalie and Jeremy so the girls and I went to the aquarium with them. It had been a while since we'd been and despite it being busier than I've ever seen it we had a lot of fun.
This was the last picture I had in iPhoto for the month of December. We had Ruby and Ellie over to make cotton candy but it wasn't working and the girls were so disappointed, so Dan came home and figured out the problem. We had a cotton candy party that night! It's been such a fun gift.
And that concludes our 2014!

1 comment:

  1. You guys do such fun things! Also, I had never heard of sledding in a laundry basket...but what a great idea! My kids have NEVER been sledding, which I am ashamed to say, but I think we'll have to try that...if it ever decides to be winter around here. ;)

    Can't believe how much Alta and Ellie look alike. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete