Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 2014 (part 1)

July was a busy month! We packed in a LOT of fun. We started with a visit from the Marinos family. Jamie and Andy and their kids came to Utah for two weeks at the very beginning of July. They stayed with my parents so we spent a lot of time in Provo.

The first day they got here was a Sunday so we drove down after church to see everyone. I think the majority of my pictures from their whole visit are of somebody holding Olive. She was well-loved!

Max and Olive. Max was great with her and always wanted to play with her.

 The Heaths were there too so Olive got to see her birthday buddy Michaela!
 The girls and I went back to Provo the next day but I can't remember what we did. Maybe Bridal Veil Falls. But I do have this cute photo of Quinn and Olive:
The World Cup was going on during all this so when the USA played a few days after they got here, we went to the Heaths to watch the game. Alta and Ellie love playing at their house! Here's Alta entertaining herself:
We had planned on going to Seven Peaks but when that fell through we went to the pool at Riverside instead. (We ended up going to Seven Peaks another day and had a blast, but no pics).


That weekend of the Fourth the Marinos were at a family reunion with Andy's family, but we still spent some time in Provo. On the Fourth we had a BBQ in Draper with the Browers and then headed to Provo to watch the Stadium of Fire from the deck. It's the best tradition!

Olive loves Aunt Bekah:

 Alta and Ellie liked watching fireworks that weren't loud. This was Ellie's first year watching them:
When the Marinos got back we had another full week to hang out with them. One of the days we went to the Bean Museum, which I don't have pictures of but of course I do have another picture of Olive being held! With Grandpa this time:
One day that week I ended up staying home all day because we were so behind on laundry, etc. that I needed to actually get things done. We spent part of the day doing this: (seriously, we watched SO much soccer during the world cup)
Another day hanging out at my parents', Quinn and Wyatt were playing with Olive:
 Quinn always wanted to give Olive hugs.
The day before Jamie and Andy left we took them boating on Utah Lake. The weather was not ideal but we still had fun swimming, water skiing, and tubing:


And the last day of their visit we went to the BYU creamery. Grandma and Grandpa surrounded by cute kids:

And that about sums up the first two weeks of July. It was great to spend so much time with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment